This chapter’s objectives are:
- 1.1- Describe the components of the company profile (e.g. fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings, company information)
1.1 – Describe the components of the company profile (e.g. fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings, company information)
The Company Profile is the very first step in setting up your Salesforce Org. It consists of a number of different configurations as per the below.
To access the company profile, go to: Setup | Administer | Company Profile. It has 5 different sections:
- Company Information:
- Name, address, Default Locale (locale, Language and time zone), Default currency
- Salesforce Edition, Allow Support to Activate Multiple Currencies
- Salesforce Org ID: unique to every Salesforce Org (regardless of edition, sandbox or production).
- Licensing and their usage (available / used / remaining)
Usage of Data Space and File Space:
- Data storage is increased by adding records (leads, accounts, etc.);
- File storage is increased by adding file attachments (Chatter files, Content files, etc.).
- API request usage: monitor it here (there is a daily maximum usage). The limit depends on which edition of Salesforce you are using and how many user licenses you have.
- Editions supporting API: Unlimited, Enterprise, Developer, Performance
The Salesforce API (application programming interface) allows programs external to Salesforce to interact with Salesforce data. Common examples of API usage include the Data Loader, and integrations. API usage is limited, while standard website usage is not.
- Fiscal Year – Standard and Custom:
- Standard Fiscal Year: 12M/Y, 4Q/Y, 3M/Q, start is always on Day 1 of the Month. You can change start month, so it can be any month of the year. Any other FY model requires Custom Fiscal Year.
- Custom fiscal years allow fiscal quarters to be determined by week, instead of by month; custom fiscal years should only be used when standard fiscal years are inadequate. Example of custom Fiscal Year: The 4–4–5 calendar divides a year into 4 quarters. Each quarter has 13 weeks, which are grouped into two 4-week “months” and one 5-week “month”
- Custom Fiscal Year: once enabled, cannot be disabled!
- Don’t change FY after setting it – might cause loss of data!
Fiscal years impact forecasting, quotas, and reporting. Example: selecting a date filter ‘Current FY’ on an opportunity report is influenced by fiscal year configuration. Changing fiscal year configuration can result in data loss.
- Business Hours: sets the timezone, the working days, the number of hours daily.
Can have multiple business hours for different teams
- Holidays: sets the holidays that your business will be off in – can have multiple holidays
- Holidays can be associated with 0 or more business hours
Business hours and holidays impact when case escalation rules are triggered (Support info)
- Language Settings: can add or remove languages from the Available Language list. It determines which languages can be selected. You can enable:
- End-user languages – Only end-user part is translated, but Help and Setup are not
Platform-only languages – no default translations are provided but you can translate using Translate Workbench
Locale, Language, Time Zone and Currency:
- Locale: changes display of dates, times, numbers, First name, Last name, and addresses – for example, date (01-01-2016 vs January-01-2016), and number formatting…Locale is set in the company profile and user profile. User profile Locale Overrides Company Default.
- Language: determines which language translatable elements (UI, fields, etc.) are displayed in to the user. User profile Language Overrides Company Default Language.
- Time zone: determines the offset used to display time references in Salesforce (similar to changing the time zone on your computer). User profile Timezone Overrides Company Default Timezone.
- Currency locale: configured org-wide unless multiple currencies is enabled. Determines the formatting of currency fields, and used to determine currency conversion when multiple currencies is enabled.
Currency controlled by this field, not the Locale one.
Note: Time Zone, Locale and Language are set-up in the Company information and are available in a user My Settings page. The user settings override the company settings. Also, the user can setup his default currency in case Multi-currency enabled.
To add a new domain, go to: Administer | Domain Management | My Domain and follow the below steps:
- Step 1:
- Once you Click on “Register Domain”, the registration will be pending
- After some time, you will receive an email:
And the new domain is noe ready for testing:
- Click to “Click here to Login” to test the new domain, you will login using the existing username and password, but on the new domain. If this is the first login, you should verify your Mobile Phone number.
- Once you login, you can deploy to Users. Click on “Deploy to Users”, you will get the below warning:
- Once deployed, users can login using the new Domain:
- Once the new domain name deployed to users, you can’t reverse it. Only Salesforce Support can change it afterwards.
- You also have the option of blocking login from old domain (Prevent login from login.salesforce.com to provide better security. You can also change the Header Logo, the Background color, and the Right Frame URL (the photo that is displayed on the right hand side of the login page. All this is done after setting the new domain,
- Company Profile is the first step in setting up your Salesforce Organization
- To access the Company Profile, go to: Setup | Administer | Company Profile
- Company Profile section consists of:
- General Company Information: Name, email, LLC (Locale, Language and Currency), statistics about usage, Org ID and Edition, License count (User Licenses, Permission Set Licenses and Feature Licences).
- Fiscal Year: can be Standard (12M/Y, 4Q/Y, 3M/Q, start date of the quarter is always day 1 of any month) or Custom: anything other than this.
- Business Hours: specify 1 or more business hours – mainly used for support escalation
- Holidays: specify 1 or more holiday schedule – mainly used for support escalation
- Language Settings: specifies which Language the user can pick from
- You can specify your Org custom domain in Administer | Domain Management | My Domain