This chapter’s objectives are:
- 15.1- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications
15.1- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications
- The AppExchange is a marketplace to buy, build, sell, and install applications for Salesforce.com.
- It is the App store for Salesforce – some apps are free, some paid
- Ability to expand your platform as the companies who made these Apps spent lot of time developing it
- The AppExchange continues to grow in popularity. If you have a need within Salesforce that will require significant development to solve, there’s a good chance that there is an AppExchange package to meet that need.
Common use cases include:
- Marketing automation (Marketo, Silverpop, etc.)
- Data quality (duplicate prevention, address verification, etc.)
- Connectors (to variety of external systems)
- Expense management (Concur, etc.)
- Native or Non-Native? Evaluating Salesforce Apps: A native application is developed entirely on the Salesforce platform – its functionality does not rely on an external system(s).
Managed vs. unmanaged packages
- Can be upgraded
- Does not count against org-wide limits
- Can be partially customized (source code is not visible, fields cannot be deleted, but picklist values can be changed)
- Cannot be upgraded
- Counts against org-wide limits (e.g. max # of objects and fields)
- Can be completely customized (source code can be changed, fields removed, etc.)
- Force.com Labs AppExchange packages: Force.com Labs releases AppExchange packages for free that provide new functionality, although the packages are not supported. These are done by SF Lab.
- Access App Exchange by going to: Build | AppExchange Marketplace
- Select an App, for example: Salesforce CRM Dashboard
- You can see the details of the App on the top right:
- Click on Get it to get the App
- Login to AppExchange (Salesforce account)
- select where to install: Admin only, All users, selected profiles (select from the bottom) with access level.
- Another good free dashboard app is “Salesforce Adoption Dashboards”
- Now installed. Check it in: Build | Develop | Installed Packages
- Now new dashboards will show in the Dashboard tab!
We provide Salesforce implementations as well as build AppExchange apps around salesforce
Visit : https://cloufi.com/